JOB TITLE: Director of Data and Impact
CONTRACT: Up to 0.5 FTE initially
SALARY: Up to £51,000 pro rated
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
PURPOSE: We are looking for an innovative and proactive Director of Data and Impact to lead and oversee the development and management of SalesForce and our other data systems and take on responsibility for ensuring SalesForce is properly integrated with our other systems and is accessible to our employees and contractors. The work will also include analysing membership and case data with a view to recruiting more members, e.g. via social media, and to inform our research and lobbying work. This is a great opportunity to join a small and young organisation and make the role your own.
LOCATION: Home-based with ability to travel.
- Develop, implement and maintain our SalesForce databases and collect accurate data about our members and cases;
- Produce reports about our members and cases based on accurate data;
- Ensure data is clean, secure and GDPR compliant;
- Work with external SalesForce developers to manage and develop SalesForce, making sure it is fully integrated with our website, and keep up to date with developments of SalesForce;
- Provide SalesForce support and training as needed to staff, including induction for new staff and managing our user accounts and licenses;
- Work closely with the Director of Digital Content on campaigns and marketing;
- Collect, analyse and report using data obtained via our campaigns;
- Identify how to refine and improve the internal management and navigation of our data systems;
- Other reasonable duties that may be required;
- Benchmark our services to members against similar membership organisations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as we are not a typical 9-5 organisation;
- Educated to degree level or above;
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with the ability to analyse and interpret data in accurate and concise ways, including ways that inform the organisation’s overall strategy;
- Good overall IT skills;
- Excellent communication skills which will enable you to collate, analyse and communicate data-based information;
- Experience in operating and developing SalesForce:
- Experience in conducting research, producing data-rich reports and interpreting data;
- Good understanding of the importance of managing and processing data in a secure, compliant and accurate way;
- A practical and methodical approach to solving problems;
- Well organised with good attention to detail;
- Passionate about free speech;
- A can-do attitude; and
- Mastery of spelling, punctuation and grammar in written work.
- Experience of website building, including a working knowledge of WordPress and WooCommerce;
- Familiarity with digital advertising; and
- Ability to code (PhP).
Please submit your application including your CV and a cover letter of no more than 750 words that answers the following questions:
• Why do you want to work for the FSU?
• When can you start?
• What is your salary expectation?
We’re keen to fill the position quickly so will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.
Applicants should send a CV and introductory letter to [email protected].