JOB TITLE: Director of Digital Content and Marketing
CONTRACT: Up to 0.8 FTE initially to full time
SALARY: Up to £51,000 pro rated
REPORTS TO: General Secretary
PURPOSE: We are looking for a proactive, hands-on person with a broad set of digital communication skills who can take ownership of the strategy, execution and delivery of all our digital content and marketing. That includes our website (WordPress and WooCommerce) and newsletters (Mailgun), as well as looking after our social media channels. This is a key role in ensuring successful outreach to both existing members as well as potential new members. This is a great opportunity to join a small and young organisation and make the role your own.
LOCATION: Home-based with ability to travel.
- Review, plan and deliver our digital content and marketing strategy for our communication content in order to engage potential members and recruit new ones;
- Lead content creation in-house as well as commission external content, including videos and graphics;
- Manage external content producers to deliver to briefs, budget and deadlines;
- Extend and amplify the reach of content by approaching, cultivating and formalising relationships with content producers;
- Oversee the re-development of our website and its integration with Salesforce;
- Work closely with our Director of Data and Impact to monitor, manage and measure the impact of our digital campaigns;
- Manage our relationships with our Website tech support team;
- Keep up to date with current digital developments and trends and implement where applicable;
- Proactively drive social media initiatives and content across all our digital channels;
- Post several times a day on all our social media channels; and
- Other reasonable duties that may be required.
- Must be okay to work flexible hours as we are not your typical 9-5 organisation;
- Significant experience in planning, creating and developing content for websites and social media;
- Excellent understanding of the principles of storytelling through digital outlets including social media;
- Ability to turn complex ideas into compelling content;
- Familiarity with Salesforce, WordPress, WooCommerce, Mailgun, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent communication skills with superb knowledge of the English language, including taking pride in accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar;
- Broad knowledge of social media;
- Project management experience, including the ability to set priorities and work to tight deadlines;
- A can-do entrepreneurial attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail and great organisational skills; and
- Up-to-date knowledge of digital best practices across different platforms.
- Experience with digital marketing, e.g. Facebook advertising;
- Ability to code; and
- Experience designing websites.
Please submit your application including your CV and a cover letter of no more than 750 words that answers the following questions:
• Why do you want to work for the FSU?
• When can you start?
• What is your salary expectation?
We’re keen to fill the position quickly so will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.
Applicants should send a CV and introductory letter to [email protected].